I have been subscribed to the Israeli Glossybox since February, so I think it’s about time I write something about it. As some of you may know- Glossybox is a service that sends you a monthly box containing 5 mini and full size products matching your beauty profile. As I like surprises and trying new things- I have signed up for it almost right away. I think it’s nice to get a monthly surprise package from yourself and it’s generally a nice thing to look forward to.
The May box was also known as “The Clinique” box which made my expectations rise.
What did it contain:
1. Armani Code Luna- a mini bottle of this eau de toilette. As I usually don’t wear perfume, I was happy to receive this. I like trying new products and trying something that I otherwise would not think of is, in my opinion, what this box is for. I was positively surprised by the smell, and I plan to use the tiny bottle up even though I’m not sure I’ll purchase the full size product.
2. Clean & Clear- morning energy daily scrub- A full size product! My skin has been acting up lately from all sorts of reasons (weather changes, stress, you name it) and this product actually matches my beauty profile perfectly.
3. Clinique- clarifying lotion (number 2- for dry combination skin)- It doesn’t match my beauty profile, as I don’t have dry skin. I might try this and give it to my mom if it’s not a good fit.
4. Seche Vite- dry fast top coat- I was happy to receive this and try it. I love nailpolish but am lazy when it comes to applying a protective base coat and a topcoat, so this has actually made me try a whole new concept. So far it made the nailpolish appear more glossy and I guess it helped to dry it faster.
5. Clinique High Impact mascara- This was actually my least favorite product out of the bunch. First- it’s tiny! I was not aware that they could make mascara smaller than the GWP size. It doesn’t really add any volume and it does not separate the lashes to my liking.
All in all, this specific box had not risen to the new expectations. What I received was actually the bare minimum that this beauty subscription promises- 5 products per box, 1 of which is full size. Past boxes have been very good in that sense, this one, however, feels a little cheap. The size of the mascara especially has made me contemplate the whole subscription.
On to other surprises:
I have received from Jenny @ Dress Code: High Fashion a package packed full of L’Occitane goodies after I won a giveaway on her blog. This was my first time to win a giveaway, so I was very excited. The products are all Rose scented, and even though I have not yet tried any of them yet, they smell delicious.
The last but not least package for this week is one containing two Wladimir Kaminer books that I got from my friend Regina, I thank her so much for her concern for my German language abilities. It was very sweet of her, and as Kaminer is one of my favorite writers, I can’t wait to devour them!